Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The IS Tech Support Specialist is a subject matter specialist that works independently to accomplish routine to moderately complex assignments.
IS Tech Support Specialists are responsible for adressing and resolving technology incidents, or fulfilling technology project requests, from customers, while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity and working within the constraints of a published incident handle time goals or service request commitments. Associates work with internal support groups to escalate complex high priority/high impact issues, and ensure a high degree of customer service and customer focus. Interfaces with team members, technical application staff, and/or vendors to resolve system or application problems. The work includes basic to moderately complex tasks to support user support tasks for end-user computing environments and monitoring ticket and task queues to ensure issues and requests are resolved. Work is performed at a large corporate helpdesk that operates seven days a week. Translates complex, technical concepts into easy-to-understand language to assist non-technically oriented customers. Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, WLAN, and VPN access in a Windows and Apple environment, offering a variety of solutions over the phone, chat, and/or in-person as required. Provides rotational 24x7 support as needed. All roles are expected to maintain a current knowledge base of industry standards and best practices. All roles are expected to obtain and/or maintain relevant certifications for the job and career ladder level (e.g. AGILE; EPIC; Microsoft; VMware VCAP; Network Engineering Certificate). Cross-Functional teamwork is expected at all levels.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Deploys end user equipment; including configuration of hardware and operating systems; as well as installation of standard and custom applications.
- Performs minor to intermediate systems administration tasks for user computing management systems.
- Reviews and deploys new Windows service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and other vendor-supplied patches.
- Participates in system upgrades and implementations by monitoring support systems, testing functionality and interfaces, collaborating with partners to identity and document processes and proactively mitigating issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Technical Competencies (Major Functions) - Approximate Percentage of Time:
- IS Customer Support (IS Issue Diagnosis, Troubleshooting/Solutions, Resolution, Documentation) - 40%
- IS Project Management Support - 10%
- IS Inventory and Asset Management - 15%
- IS Technical Writing (Training Guides, Workflows, Manuals) - 15%
- IS Technical Training - 10%
- Other - 10%
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a related role.
- Shares new information and knowledge with others.
- Be curious; question your assumptions when presented with an issue or question.
- Self-motivated to research and learn new information and explore new options.
- Seeks to maximize potential abilities and helps others.
- Responds to tickets and emails in a timely manner.
Planning and Organizing
- Manages time and resources effectively to complete assignments.
- Applies the knowledge of fundamental IT concepts.
- Asks questions, diligently seeks and is receptive of guidance.
- Be flexible and adopt new processes and methods.
- Stay positive in attitude and actions.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.